BETTER UPTAKE, REDUCED MAINTENANCE
Where you place nitrogen is just as important as when you place it. Upgrade your coulter bar with 360 Y-DROP SIDE DRESS and get precise nitrogen placement well into V6 for more flexibility and bigger yields.
UPGRADE YOUR COULTER
Coulter systems put a band of nitrogen 10 to 15 inches from the root mass of your corn plants. This slows uptake and increases the risk that you’ll lose nitrogen without significant rainfall. 360 Y-DROP Sidedress puts nitrogen directly at the base of the corn plant – right above the root mass. Then all it takes is a heavy dew or light shower to move the nitrogen into the soil for rapid uptake.
HOW TO ORDER
STEP 1: Order the 360 Y-DROP SIDEDRESS™ Row Kits
- Quantity Needed: Total Row Kits needed equals the # of drops on the side dress bar.
- We recommend 2 Orange kits for outside rows, and Black kits for the remaining (inside) rows.
- Example: 16 Row Side Dress Toolbar will require 15 Row Kits (13 Black Kits and 2 Orange Kits)
- Kit includes 1 Breakaway assembly, 1 - 12" Riser, 1 Hose Adapter Kit, 1 Y-DROP Base Unit, 2 - 30" Drag Hoses
- Riser length is adjustable, so total height from bottom of frame to bottom of base can range from: 22", 25", or 28".
STEP 2: Order the 360 Y-DROP SIDEDRESS™ U-Bolt Mounting Kit
- Quantity needed: # of 360 Y-DROP SIDEDRESS Row Kits
- Example: 16 Row Side Dress Toolbar: 15 U-Bolt Mounting Kits
- The U-Bolt kit size is determined by measuring the horizontal width then the vertical height of the bar.
- The bar in the Example to the right measures 4" x 6" – so a 4" x 6" kit should be ordered (Part Number 416234).
- U-bolt length will be slightly longer than the kit dimension that is noted.
- (i.e. U-bolt in 4x6 kit is 7.5" long to accommodate the bracket and hardware)